Cal-Am Responds to Leader Residents Group

Residents are welcome to post any issues and/or concerns with the general operation and management of the park by Cal-Am.

Note: This post is moderated and only constructive feedback of a non-personal nature will be allowed.

Cal-Am Responds to Leader Residents Group

Post by moderator » May 12th, 2011, 9:36 am

Cal-Am Management (Cory Sukert) has sent a letter to all the residents taking a stand against the actions of the defacto leader of the loosely formed residents group at Canyon Vista.

In his letter, Cory brings up many valid points. The most important is that Cal-Am is a business and they must recover their costs (and make a reasonable profit) and are not willing to accept feedback on matters of a strictly business nature. He also makes it clear that Cal-Am will make the time to sit down and discuss specific issues, and this is supported by the experiences of many of the residents over the past few years (i.e. the tennis folks).

While I personally agree fully with the letter, I also believe that there is a place for a formal residents group. However, to be effective it must work WITH the management of Cal-AM and establish a collabarative relationship so that it can be effective in representing the interests of all residents.

The letter can be viewed at.
http://www.mycanyonvista.com/Cal-AM%20L ... 9_2011.pdf