New Rate Survey for 2012/13

Residents are welcome to post any issues and/or concerns with the general operation and management of the park by Cal-Am.

Note: This post is moderated and only constructive feedback of a non-personal nature will be allowed.

New Rate Survey for 2012/13

Post by moderator » August 16th, 2012, 6:12 pm

Here is the 2012/13 rate survey for parks in the Apache Junction, Mesa, Gold Canyon Area. If you have info on other parks in the area or have corrected rates, please send the info to webmaster@mycanyonvista.com.

- 2 parks (Silver Ridge & The Resort) are not publishing yearly rates, but asking people to call instead.
- Canyon Vistas is 5th highest overall which is the same as last year.

A printable copy can be downloaded from: http://www.mycanyonvista.com/rates2012.pdf

BounderGuy

Re: New Rate Survey for 2012/13

Post by BounderGuy » May 18th, 2013, 10:12 am

Are we comparing apples to apples though? Canyon Vistas adds a whole passel of utility surcharges that may not be charged by the other non Cal-Am parks. Also, if you take out the park in Casa Grande which is further away from the Apache Junction and Mesa area then the only park charging more is Gold Canyon RV Park. Add $28.58 for sewer,$15 for trash and $17 for the electric meter and you have an additional $60.58 per month or $726.96 per year. This adds up to $5,226.96 per year for the annual people which is considerable higher than any other park on the list. Now they just increased the rate another $225. Wow! And still street lights that don't work, streets with broken asphalt and no new club house.

fordguy

Post by fordguy » May 18th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Like Bounderguy said, there are lots of different charges that need to be considered. Hopefully, later in the summer when other parks have posted their rates, we can get a better idea of total costs so we get a better comparison. I don't have a big problem with the rates right now, but I think it is worthwhile letting the managers know that we are just not going to keep accepting whatever rate increases they decide without providing some feedback. And public feedback on social media sites is effective as lots of people will see it.

bjbear
Site Admin

Post by bjbear » May 18th, 2013, 4:57 pm

BounderGuy wrote:Are we comparing apples to apples though? Canyon Vistas adds a whole passel of utility surcharges that may not be charged by the other non Cal-Am parks. Also, if you take out the park in Casa Grande which is further away from the Apache Junction and Mesa area then the only park charging more is Gold Canyon RV Park. Add $28.58 for sewer,$15 for trash and $17 for the electric meter and you have an additional $60.58 per month or $726.96 per year. This adds up to $5,226.96 per year for the annual people which is considerable higher than any other park on the list. Now they just increased the rate another $225. Wow! And still street lights that don't work, streets with broken asphalt and no new club house.
Here is some interesting data..... When you look at the "all-in" rates from 2006 to 2014, the rates have risen an average of 6.1% per year for an overall increase of 50%!! :roll: During that time, overall inflation was probably about 14%.

Bob Buskas

Post by Bob Buskas » May 29th, 2013, 9:12 pm

My wife and I have been concidering purchasing a Park model at Canyon Vista, but after reviewing the increases since 2006/7, we are rethinking this purchase. These increases are a huge concern for us. Maybe we will slow down here and look at other parks before purchasing. Thanks for this info, as the realtors don't supply it.

bjbear
Site Admin

Post by bjbear » June 4th, 2013, 7:55 am

Bob Buskas wrote:My wife and I have been concidering purchasing a Park model at Canyon Vista, but after reviewing the increases since 2006/7, we are rethinking this purchase. These increases are a huge concern for us. Maybe we will slow down here and look at other parks before purchasing. Thanks for this info, as the realtors don't supply it.
I hear you Bob. Unfortunately, all the parks have been raising their rates at about the same rate. The basic problem is that the consumer (that's us) does not have the information available to understand the trend and therefore does not know when to push back on the rates. When the park owners start to realize that the increased rates are hurting their sales, then maybe the rate increases will come back in line with the economy. Good luck on your search for a park model. I hope you will still consider Canyon Vistas as it is a great park but if you do decide on another park, it would be great if you let the Canyon Vistas sales people know that the rate increases were a reason for that decision.

Bob Buskas

Post by Bob Buskas » June 5th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Yes, thanks for your reply bjbear. I relialize costs go up, so long as things stay in control mode, I'm Ok with it.

Bob Buskas

Post by Bob Buskas » October 1st, 2013, 5:29 pm

Well we did it, we purchased #68. we visited Canyon Vistas in early August, to take another look at what we bought, as well as take care of a bank account etc. We met Judy in Guest services, she was so helpful to Irene and I. Got things in order, and also met Randy and Mary, the new managers. Irene and I were very impressed with all of them. They made us feel so at home on our short one week stay. Looking forward to returning in November, we are not retired, so will be making several trips back and forth to Alberta during the winter , but from what we saw in August, we think we made a very good choice with Canon Vistas. See you all soon! :) :) :) :) :)

2pedersens

Post by 2pedersens » October 1st, 2013, 9:53 pm

Rate increases, higher rates than other parks and now, no free beer and no license to sell at the original Thurs night Happy Hour and now a new Monday night Happy Hour. Nothing HAPPY about any of this. I'm less than impressed.

2pedersens

Post by 2pedersens » October 23rd, 2013, 6:21 pm

Have to back track and post apology to the new managers. They came through with beer on Monday night happy hour with snacks and snacks on the Thurs night happy hour. Happy again at happy hours. Really like how Randy and Mary have become part of the crowd. We enjoy seeing them at the park functions.