We are once again approaching that time of year when we experience cold or
freezing temperatures. The resort is full, and we need to take the following
precautions to prevent pipes from freezing and help prevent excessive electric
loads from affecting the service grid in the resort:
- Take appropriate precautions around water pipes and connections to ensure
they are properly insulated or protected from freezing, yes it can happen
here. Park Homes should also do the same at their water connections and
- Keep your thermostats set at constant temperatures, avoid turning them
way down at night and then back up in the morning as that puts excessive
loads on the electrical system.
- Avoid the use of electric fireplaces and space heaters in the morning. They
draw a lot of power. Limit the use in the evenings during the real cold spells.
- In the morning, please take a few minutes when starting electrical appliances
and avoid turning them on all at once.
- If you plan on doing laundry in your home, please wait until later in the day
when usage is typically lower.
your water and electric service.
Randy and Mary Sprow