Park Maintenance

This forum is for general discussions of all issues not specific to other forums.
BounderGuy

Park Maintenance

Post by BounderGuy » April 5th, 2013, 9:46 am

I have two items that the interim managers might consider regarding park maintenance. There are a lot of weeds throughout the park and some are in patches knee high. We need to get these killed and removed. The park looks really tacky as it is now. Another related item is flowers. Have you seen the entrance to Valle De Oro? It is beautiful with lots of flowers. Our entrance is just patchy grass. I would bet that park residents would help plant and maintain some flowers around the park if Cal-Am would buy them. The other item of concern is the number of streetlights that are not working. I personally know of one on tenth street that goes back on when you shake the power pole. There must be a loose connection somewhere. I was told by a work camper for a Roberts Resort park that they have contracted with an outside firm to keep the streetlights working. This seems like a good idea to me. These people would have access to the necessary lift and would come on a regular basis and would know how to fix the problems. Streetlights are a big concern to me because we don't have a gate or guard during the night. Anyone who wants to come in during the night could just drive in find a dark area and take things like bicycles, chairs, etc. This is also a safety issue with snakes as it gets warmer outside. We need to be able to see the snakes as we walk our dogs or just walk the park. The above concerns are not complaints - rather they are points that would make the park look better and make it safer.

fordguy

Re: Park Maintenance

Post by fordguy » April 5th, 2013, 9:51 am

BounderGuy wrote:I have two items that the interim managers might consider regarding park maintenance.

There are a lot of weeds throughout the park and some are in patches knee high. We need to get these killed and removed. The park looks really tacky as it is now. Another related item is flowers. Have you seen the entrance to Valle De Oro? It is beautiful with lots of flowers. Our entrance is just patchy grass. I would bet that park residents would help plant and maintain some flowers around the park if Cal-Am would buy them.

The other item of concern is the number of streetlights that are not working. I personally know of one on tenth street that goes back on when you shake the power pole. There must be a loose connection somewhere. I was told by a work camper for a Roberts Resort park that they have contracted with an outside firm to keep the streetlights working. This seems like a good idea to me. These people would have access to the necessary lift and would come on a regular basis and would know how to fix the problems. Streetlights are a big concern to me because we don't have a gate or guard during the night. Anyone who wants to come in during the night could just drive in find a dark area and take things like bicycles, chairs, etc. This is also a safety issue with snakes as it gets warmer outside. We need to be able to see the snakes as we walk our dogs or just walk the park. The above concerns are not complaints - rather they are points that would make the park look better and make it safer.

I agree with BounderGuy's comments. Our rates are on par with the other parks so it is not unreasonable to expect a reasonable level of maintenance. Hopefully, the new managers when they get here will look into this.

2pedersens

Post by 2pedersens » June 9th, 2013, 7:30 pm

I find it interesting that a comment I made on park maintenance is no longer viewable and it shows I have not posted any comments. My comment was on here for awhile and was in agreement with the need for park maintenance.

bjbear
Site Admin

Post by bjbear » June 10th, 2013, 2:24 pm

2pedersens wrote:I find it interesting that a comment I made on park maintenance is no longer viewable and it shows I have not posted any comments. My comment was on here for awhile and was in agreement with the need for park maintenance.

I have sent you a private e-mail. If anyone else has had a post go missing, please let me know. The site is still being developed and it would help me to know if problems arise. I do review all posts daily and IF I were to delete one, I would send the originator a private e-mail explaining the reason.